Monday, February 9, 2009

Even the taxis and doctors are wonderful here



So I am sick as a dog. ( that is such a stupid expression!) I went to the hospital today and was diagnosed with severe flu causing acute bronchitis and possibly strep throat. nice huh? And I thought I was really being a baby with all the crying and complaining I've been doing these last couple of days.
The up side to being on deaths door in Rome ( so dramatic!!) is I took my first taxi ride to the hospital, which was nice and fast and not to expensive and then I got to check out the local hospital. Salvator Mundi International Hosptial is not very modern looking, but the staff and doctors were extremely nice and I have confidence they know what they are doing.
So I'm supposed to be on bed rest for a week and take a ton of medication, so hopefully I'll be better in a few days if I am a good girl and rest up. It's hard to rest here though, I mean I can nap for a few hours but then I wanna go do/see something even if I am too weak to walk down the street, LOL!!

1 comment:

dweaver said...

oh my gosh! you poor thing! you better take it easy otherwise you'll be out of the game twice as long.
I know! 'sick as a dog'??? my dogs have never had the flu...
Well, at least you're capturing every aspect of Rome- from the outdoor cafe's to the Coleseum, to ... THE HOSPITAL...
Take care of yourself and get well soon!