Tuesday, February 3, 2009

WC break at the Coliseum






It is truly amazing here, again and again I am just blown away. I didn't think the coliseum would be that big a deal, it is just ruins of an old stadium. So after a few hours of sketching the outside of the coliseum for a class I decided to just pop inside as I needed to use a bathroom. I had a ticket left over from seeing the Roman Forum the day before and they are good for 2 days at 3 sites so I figured why not? At least I'll get to use the potty.
Holy smokes is this place huge and something about the way the sun was shining down and highlighting the arena gave me chills, and called to mind the quote from Gladiator, " For those of you about to die, we salute you!" I only spent about 15 minutes inside as I had to get to my next class, but one could probably spend the day there, I will be sure to go back and take my time next time.

No comments: