Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Naples is Doggie City






Rome is full of cats
(or so they say, I have only seen a few) but Naples is full of dogs.
There were so many stray dogs wondering around Naples it was really strange, they didn't seem to be scary packs of wild dogs, more doggies that have just become accustomed to living with the tourist crowds. They were sweet and friendly, and didn't look at all malnourished which was nice. At the end of our trip to Naples we had some free time to wander about and to our group was added two very cool pups, they hung out and followed us for hours. Of course I bought them a panini, which they picked at and ate very delicately (unlike my dog which would have swallowed it whole).
At one point we were enjoying our time down by the sea enjoying the scenery when I spotted the dog catchers, Katherine (seen above on the ground with the pups) and I made a pack those dog catchers were not taking our new furry friends and we would do what ever it might take to stop them, LOL!!! Luckily the for the dog catchers, they were after some other pups which was still sad. There was a gentle man hanging out at the square and then later joined us down by the sea view with about 20 stray dogs and I think he was also trying to get our pups to join his "pack". He is totally my hero, as he fought with the dog catchers (as Katherine and I had intended) and was able to shoo them away with only having lost one dog.
I miss my sweet pup so much, I really wish she was here with me =(

No comments: