Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Frascati, day trip~

I never upload the pictures right, they should be seen top to bottom.. O'Well!

So these lovely little ladies are just 2 of many examples found in the town of Frascati, they are good luck symbols. A 3 breasted woman who give milk and wine, aka the perfect woman... Not my idea, this is how the locals explained it to me ( as best as I could understand with my pathetic language skills)
Notice the large cookie lady I bought,was afraid she would break before I could get her back to Rome, hahahah she's one tough cookie, notice the tiny dots on her left arm and left side of her skirt. They are my teeth marks, I could not bite into her, she really is a tough cookie, I barely even made a mark!!
Got to see the sunset becasue the 7:30pm train never showed up so we had to wait till 8:45pm, not gonna lie I was worried. It's not like I know anyone back in Italy with a car that I could call and say come get me I'm stuck in Frascati..

There were hundreds of vendors in this tiny hilltop town, my camera was dying, I forgot to charge it, so all you get to see is this guy. I did by some local made honey with hot peppers in it, it's spicy and sweet, just like me
Sunday I should have been writing a paper but I wanted to go out and enjoy the day, I called Carly and she said, she was heading to Frascati for a few hours do I want to come? Sure why not? Never heard of the place, but I'm always up for an adventure.

We really did have such a nice day and as usual the people were so very sweet and it made me want to live here in Italy even more, sigh...


No comments: