Thursday, April 9, 2009

On to happier thoughts :)

On to happier thoughts, I am getting tired of all the earthquake talk here, we've had a total of 4 since Monday morning and it's funny how fast it gets old. I'm bored with the earthquakes already! (Please God, don't squish me under one of theses beautiful ancient buildings, LOL!!)

So anyway, tonight I made the recipe from my blog video of, " My Italian mama's cooking lesson" and Oh MY GOD, was it delicious! So easy. In case the video was to much for ya, I figured I'd write it out for you, so you can try it at home.

you need 6-10 medium sized fresh tomatoes
a 1/2 of a large head/bulb of garlic
1/8 cup olive oil
half a handful of course salt
a pound of arugula
1/2 pound of pasta

put about 2 quarts of water on to boil.

heat on low 1/8 of a cup of oil in a deep sauce pan , add sliced, chopped or whole garlic cloves whatever way you like it, I like sliced. Let the garlic cook slowly in the oil, (do not brown it or burn it) for about 5 minutes. While the garlic is cooking, cut up your tomatoes (anyway you like, it does not matter) then add them to the garlic and oil. you can turn up the heat slightly, but do not brown or burn the garlic, add salt, let simmer about 10 minutes. Thoroughly wash your arugula, and you can cut up, and remove stems or just leave it as it, add arugula to boiling water put and let boil for 5 minutes or till cooked through. Then remove arugula from boiling water with a straining spoon or fork, DO NOT dump the water, add then mix arugula into tomato, garlic and oil mixture and continue to let mixture simmer (it needs to simmer a while so it's not too watery and the flavors intensify). RE-use the boiling water now for your pasta, cook to your preference. Once pasta is done, "plate the pasta" and spoon the sauce mixture on top and enjoy!!!

Sorry there are no pictures this time. I only made a small batch and it was so good I didn't even think about documenting it before it was done, plus it's not all that pretty a dish, but I guarantee it is tasty!!

http://www.whatscookingamerica.net/garlictips.htm

oh found this cool site for all the garlic lovers out there, I needed it so I could explain how much garlic you needed to use, I did not know that the whole garlic was called a head and had forgotten that it could be called a bulb, learn something new everyday! Or at least I hope too, Enjoy!!

3 comments:

dweaver said...

you have the best blog in the whole wide world!

Renee said...

Awhhhh!! I love you Deb!!

Stacy M said...

I second Deb's sentiment! I love reading what you write. I'll have to try out that recipe... thanks!