Friday, April 3, 2009

how lucky am I??


I have the best landlord. My stay in Rome would be so different and not nearly as nice with out her. She truly is my Italian mama (don't worry mom, your still my mom of the US, LOL!!)

So the other day I come home and she calls to me to come over to her apartment ( she is just across the hall) and I say hello but say I'm way too busy, I have homework and papers to write and I am sorry but I can not sit, talk and my favorite watch her cook.

Approximately an hour or two later there is a knock at my door, it is my landlord with a tray of hot fresh food she just made for her family and me!
Eat Eat! she says.
I just love her! I was so busy I would have eaten something that was either bad, boring or crap, nothing like homemade food made by a real Italian mama :)

ps yeah it was enough food to feed me for like 5 meals~

2 comments:

dweaver said...

hey there!
Just catching up on your blog since I've been crazy busy- I didn't want another reprimand before I wrote to you again = )

Good luck with all your book learnin' and tests and papers!
Roma Momma really is sweet! Can you imagine if you did the alternative to getting your own place? What a difference! I'm so glad you did since I know you would have felt out of place with the rest- and now you get home made Italian food delivered to your door! She's incredible!
You'll have to invite her to come to USA so we can meet her!
xoxoxo

Dan said...

Looks like you finally got the comment thing working... let's hope the post goes through.

Your landlady sounds like one of the nicest people you can find. To think, you might have been trapped with a roomate in some cramped little hole that would probably cost more. I'm guessing I'll be meeting her too, when I come to visit!