Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My favorite part- Thank God I didn't have Katherine's camel!











OK, I have to say I was actually scared to death, when we walked out into the desert in our way too cool turbans and robes. I was actually thinking, "no, I can't do this, camels are mean, they spit and bite" and I've had some bad horse back riding experiences in the past which added to my anxiety. Oh and these are not camels, camels have 2 humps, we rode Dromedaries, the one hump version. They took us out in groups of 3. I asked the other girls I was with to help me be brave. I had tears in my eyes and screamed as my camel stood up, I was terrified... Minutes later I had tears rushing down my face soaking my turban and robe, but they were tears of laughter. Poor Katherine, had the worst camel, it was puking, foaming at the mouth, trying to headbutt her, making all kinds of disgusting noises making me practically puke, all the while Katherine's saddle was lop-sided and her camel just looked like it was angry and gonna die. I don't think I ever laughed so hard. I could barely breath and almost fell off my own camel ( it's too hard to type dromedary each time). So much joy came from some elses misery and it helped me to not be afraid and really have fun on my camel.

We got to the desert late in the day and were able to watch the sun set, it was magnificent!

No comments: