Friday, March 6, 2009

Tunisa anyone?

Ruins of Carthage with a beautiful view of the sea.

.






Incase I have never mentioned this before it is almost impossible (for me anyway) to put photos on my blog in any kind of logical order. So though I would just love to comment on each one so you know what is what I can't seem to figure out how to make that happen. CRUD!

2nd World War American Cemetery- I have to tell the truth and say I wasn't really looking forward to this part of my trip but it was actually very interesting and everyone showed a great deal of respect, in comparison to our usually cheers at every new site. I made sure to check all the names of the soldiers buried there to see if I had any relatives there and found none, but there were at 4900 soldiers from all different parts of the military burried there.






Adventures in hailing a cab after dark...
Thank you God for Derek who all out tackled this cab as I screamed myself horse, running behind him with Stephanie, the souk (is a commercial quarter in an Arab or Berber city. The term is often used to designate the market in any Arabized or Muslim city AKA enclosed scary shopping place) had closed quickly and as we rushed outside it started to rain and got real cold, we tried hailing a cab for like a half hour with no luck and the local Tunisian people kept stealing our cabs right out from under us, when it started to pour and the sky got dark we started getting crazy. "Get that F'n cab Derek get it get, it get it, knock those people down!!" Yeah for Derek being like 6'4" and fast! It's not cool to be out after dark in the Souk, especially for women so I got a bit pushy in my panic and being rained on. Then 2 minutes after we get in the cab it starts to hail, like gum/golfballs I thought I would go deaf from the sound in the cab. Then when we finally made it safely back to the hotel I realized we had left behind about 2o people back at the souk (the cabs only hold 3 passengers at a time) so I was very greatful for Derek for getting us our cab but oh so upset that I had left my classmates behind in the dark, rain and hail storm in the souk, they all survived, cold wet and annoyed, thank God!







Below is my new bff here in Rome, Lauren. We've been roomies on 3 trips. She makes sure I don't die or get lost while I'm sick on the trips and I make sure she doesn't miss the trains. (anymore,LOL)
Did I mention we stayed in 4 star hotels and resorts the whole time! It was sweet@!

No comments: