Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ostia Lido






I just had the nicest day, I took a couple of trains (3) and 45 minutes later I was at the beach staring into the sparking waters of the Mediterranean. (or at least I think that was the sea I was looking at), I spent half the day just wandering around alone and at peace with myself and the sea and then I thought I could I hear my name... One of my very cool young classmates was out there doing the same thing as I was when he spotted me, so we hung out and had an expensive and very leisurely (the only way Italians do it here) light lunch on the beach by the sea. Then walked around till it was time to go home, it was nice to be alone, but also just as nice to have someone to share it with. It was a good day:)



PS I swear I wasn't posing or trying to look mean, I had just taken off my sunglasses and it was mighty bright out and it's not easy to take your own picture, LOL but just look at how beautiful it was there~