Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Breakfast??

Don't worry I promise won't be talking about every meal I eat, ( just my first experiences) LOL!!!

Today I made myself a lovely breakfast of 1 diced potato, 1/2 and onion and a sliced up clove of garlic. I don't know what Italians eat for breakfast here but I do know it's not eggs and bacon or my favorite creamed chip beef. I did the coffee and a pastry thing for 2 days and not really a pastry everyday kinda girl, I mean they were delicious but I need something more substancial to get me through the mornings not to mention I don't wanna eat out every meal.

Cooking here isn't all that easy so far. I have a couple of (3) small pots and a teeny tiny frying pan and a large wok like frying pan. It's hard to cook in anyone else kitchen normally but it's double hard when you don't have the right equipment. I guess I need to go on a quest for stuff like foil, saran wrap (I have a cut onion, now what??) maybe something like a tupperware container, if I had known there were no containers I could have brought some of the chinese food containers from home, LOL.( oh right like you don't have some in your house) Now this might sound like no big deal to you guys but there is no, wal-mart, or thrift store or kitchen cappers or boscovs here, were I can just pop by and pick up a spatula, frying pan and tea pot. Don't even ask me about making Italian coffee I have no idea. So today I have a long list of things I'm going on a scavenger hunt to find. Yup, I should be searching for works of art but instead I'm searching for cleaning products and kitchen-ware to make my life a bit easier.
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

dweaver said...
This comment has been removed by the author.