Monday, January 19, 2009

lots of first time stuff for me

My firsttry at making Italian caffe', my landlord taughtme how, a little strong but not bad, she makes it better though.

My first bottle of wine in Rome, I had some people over the other night to hang out and drink wine and eat cheese and crakers, forthose of you who know me well you know I love to entertain like that. The wine was excellent and only cost 2.99euro not bad, not bad at all.

My first crack at making authentic Italian pasta and gravy/sauce/ Completely from scratch, with fresh pasta from the market. I surprised myself at how easy it was to make and how wonderful it tasted. They gave a short cooking demo at school along with some recipes to cook the Italian way and so i had to try it out. I made so much I envited over my landlord and her friend and they seemed to really like it, they both had seconds ( and there is still leftovers!) they gave me the nicest compliment, they said something like I have the cloth of a chef, which I think means I'm made of the same stuff great chefs re made of, which was pretty sweet!

No comments: